Saturday, April 2, 2011

Southern Nevada Pond Largemouth


Went to Floyd Lamb Park today. It was really windy and cloudy. It was hot out, so the clouds were a welcome, but the wind can go away! The wind was blowing so bad it was almost impossible to cast a fly rod. I have been hitting up the pond all winter experimenting with different fly patterns with no luck. I was not even really seeing any bass activity. But we have been having very warm days and warm nights this week, so I figured the bass would be active. I guessed right. Unfortunately there were so many people at the park it was impossible to fish it correctly, just all the activity made for poor fishing. But I did manage to get into one, and get a few other strikes. I was bouncing a green pumpkin jig with a green pumpkin trailer off the bottom and around stumps. I got a few strikes with this method. But I did notice a small bass chase my jig to the surface when I pulled it in. That gave me and idea to try and swim the jig around the shoreline. That was the ticket. After about the third cast swimming the jig I got bit and landed the bass in the picture, well I hooked it and let the little guy reel it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment