Saturday, July 2, 2011


Was in Idaho last week for work. I ended up have Thursday afternoon off so I wanted to do some fishing. The only river I could find that wasn't blown out and too high was the south fork of the Boise River. So I went down there to check it out and see if I could catch anything. Unfortunately I did not do my homework first, so I had no idea what to through as far as fly selection. There was a caddis hatch, but I had no luck with that. So after about an hour I decided to through streamers, good thing too because I ended up catching this beautiful rainbow. I had to fish a full sinking line to get the fly down deep enough. My fly of choice was an olive circus peanut. I actually had never caught anything on the circus peanut before, but I had not fished it that much either. So I sold out and fished it. Well needless to say I am sold. Great fly and I had a great time fishing. And I think I am probably turned into an exclusive streamer guy for trout, well maybe I will occasionally nymph.

No comments:

Post a Comment