Friday, June 5, 2009

Another Fine Peacock Bass!


This is my son Jared with his first fly rod caught fish. Of course I had to cast the fly, but he did all his own stripping, hook set and fighting of the fish. This peacock was caught in September in Lake Wilson Hawaii off of a main lake point. The fish where stacked up like cord wood. We literally almost caught a fish every cast. He caught the fish on a clouser minnow. But not any clouser, the color had to be just right. In my experience the peacocks in Hawaii like gold, yellow and purple more than any other colors. So that is the color combo I tied the clouser minnow in. For that pattern I used a yellow belly, purple back with gold flashabou in the middle. I also used chartreuse green barbell eyes and chartreuse thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment